Does your company have food to donate for those in need? Please call: 618.876.8770
The EASY way to Donate:
eScript Program, Schnucks shoppers, pick up a Schnucks eScrip Community Card at Schucks today! Schnucks will contribute up to 3% of your purchases to our organization everytime you shop and swipe your card. Community Care Center Group ID is 500007069 (you will need this number).
You may also register online at:
GCS Credit Union Employee donation for $980 received from Sarah Gebke, Relations Representative presented to Melanie Williams, Community Care Center Executive Director and Ken Newton, Community Care Center President.
Simmons Hanley Conroy employees donate 27,378 pounds of food, Read more here.
Community Care Center received a $10,000 grant from Ameren Illinois to help replenish food supplies and help the center continue its mission of helping families in need throughout the winter season. The grant funds were made available through the Ameren Cares program, which connects Ameren Illinois with the communities it serves through charitable giving and volunteering. Read more here.
Jeff Rains, President of the local Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR) presents Debra with a check for $1700. SOAR hosted a BBQ fundraiser for the center on October 13th
Thanks to Boy Scout Troops 122 and 4013 for their efforts collecting food and items that were donated to the Community Care Center on Saturday, November 21, 2015. The Boy Scouts donated a total of 1038 items or 1046 lbs of food.
Thanks to all from First Baptist Academy who came and helped us on their Service Day – November 16, 2015, here are some quotes from the students:
- “I never knew how much work they had to do. They do it for free too!”
- “I hope that God can keep working in those people’s lives to help out those in need”
- “I really want to do it again because I know I am helping people.”
- “I realized how well our class works together and we have fun while working.”
- “This trip wasn’t just about sorting boxes and folding clothes, but it was ministry and making people feel good and making them see what God is really like.”
- “The plan of God will never be hindered no matter how unreachable it may seem.”
- “It was cool to see the amount of clothes there because it showed the power of God has in these situations.”
- I loved hanging out with the people there because they were so sweet and generous and giving.”
- “I really love how people put that place together. I think it is great that people care that much. I absolutely loved doing the volunteer work.”
Thanks to Debra, Liz, Darlene, Beth, Mark, Harriet, and Pastor Doug for braving the cold and being Old Newsboys for the day. A special thanks to those who donated.
The employees of Ehrhardt Tool & Machine Co. Inc. donated and delivered over 13,000 food items and five pallets of clothing and household items. The employees donated money and formed alliances with local businesses to maximize their purchasing power. With special purchases and donations from Schnuck’s, Wal-Mart in Granite City and Tru-Buy in Highland the employees once again set a record as the largest employee-based contribution to the Community Care Center. Read more here.
Gateway Regional Medical Center employees on Monday, August 3rd, 2015 presenting a check for back to school and school supplies to Debra Homyer, Manager of Community Care Center. (Left to right: Stephanie Bailey, Robin Anderson, Debra Homyer, and Joan Roberts.
On April 18-19, 2015 – Operation Food Search and Schnucks Market in Granite City sponsored a drive to collect personal care items for the clients of Community Care Center in Granite City. Through the generosity of Schnucks and their customers, over 810 personal care items were collected over the two days to distribute in the community.